Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's about the climb...





Sunday, February 14, 2010

Current mood: Inspired


OK, you can call me a Dork....Yes, I just finished watching The Hannah Montana movie. It was cute but what really hit home was one of her songs. It's called "The Climb". The words to this song I think are very powerful.

We all have struggles in life and mountains to climb....and in the words of the song....it's not about what's waiting on the other side, it's about the climb.

I know as a cancer survivor it wasn't about getting to the end of my treatement, it was about my battle getting there and how I fought that battle.

My cancercrapness journey has changed me in many ways. I like to think I don't stress out over small things, especially things I can't control. I try and keep a positive attitude and surround myself with positive people. Life is what you make it and it's about chasing your dreams. That's what brought me to NYC. I love the city! And in the Spring, I'm traveling to London and Paris. Life is too short to not do what you want or to not take chances.

We are always going to have struggles, how we handle them is what makes us who we are.

Here is to my next mountain...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love the message from that song too! It's funny because I'm directing a retreat team of 7 other students who will lead a retreat in about a month or so and we picked mountains as our theme too..we're using a whole bunch of songs like "the climb" and "ain't no mountain", and a few other less popular ones..like you said it's a great metaphor for life :) ....maybe i''ll have to watch that hannah montana movie now :)