Monday, March 10, 2008

I'mmmmmm Back





Monday, March 10, 2008

Current mood: tired

OK, so I'm not the terminator, but today was my first day back to work.

I have to admit I was dreading my return back to work. For several reasons, one being I had to set my alarm clock. Ok, that's something I haven't done in long time.....haha.

No seriously, I am nervous about my return. I know everyone is going to be happy to see me and me of them, but you know sometimes there is that awkward moment.....when someone doesn't know what to say to you. That's when I think one of the burden's of being a cancer survivor kicks in....we as the survivor need to make that person feel comfortable. It's funny, some people will ask questions and other's won't and that's fine with me. Like everything else in life, everyone deals with things differently.

I have a new store manager as well. All this change at once is freaking me out! Not only do I have a new store manager but we have hired new associates since I've been gone. I just feel like even though I've been with the company for almost 10 years, I'm going to be the "newbie" today.

It's that same feeling I get every now and then....Even though I had cancer, the world continued and continued without me....

No comments: