Sunday, July 19, 2009

WOW! 5 years ago...


Sunday, July 19, 2009

Current mood: Blessed

Yesterday I went to a cookout on Staten Island to celebrate my friend Jen's 5 year cancerversary. It was amazing meeting her family and her husband Chad's family. The celebration reminded me of the one I had when I was FINALLY done with my treatment. It was such a beautiful day!

The picture is of Jen, her husband Chad, and I at the 2009 Revlon Walk here in NYC.

WOW! Five years. I can't wait to have 5 years cancer free under my belt.

It's weird when you look back over the last 5 years of your life. My has been very challenging.

On August 1, it will be 5 years since my Mom passed away. That was devastating and completely unexpected. Then a little over a year later my Grandma passed away and then a year later, I'm diagnosed with cancer.

Can you pile any more crap on me?

Some people like to say that God is challenging me and of course there is that saying, God only gives you what he thinks you can handle. OK, is that supposed to make me feel better. Does that mean he thinks I'm strong.

Well damn it! I am strong and I am a survivor!

I guess being at Jen's cookout yesterday and seeing her Grandma and Mom made me ache for mine. I miss you Mom and Grandma.

I know they are my angels looking after me.

Here's to the next 5 years and continuing to chase my dreams and stay healthy
!

No comments: