Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Celebrating Livestrong Day



Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Current mood: feeling blessed


Today was Livestrong Day and it was the best day ever!

For one thing it was a beauuuutiful day. Sunny, not a cloud in the sky and there was a light breeze and the temperature was around 70. Can’t ask for anything better than that!

The other thing that made the day so wonderful was that I didn’t have any doctors appointments or didn’t need my "every 3 week" treatment. How sweet is that! A day to do NOTHING, that doesn’t happen very often for me and I took full advantage.

Instead I got to spend the day doing what I wanted for a change! I spent the afternoon with my close friend Danielle. We shopped and ate lunch and just did what good friends do....gossip and catch up on our lives. She just had a baby, so I got to spend time with him as well. Now anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a baby person, but I have to admit he is a cutie! We even joked about how we timed things wrong. Here she was out on maternity leave and I just returned to work. We laughed and agreed it would have been dangerous if we were both out at the same time. We'd be poor and 400 lbs.


This evening I met another friend for dinner. And yes, we gossipped and caught up on our lives as well. My friend Sue is like a second Mom. She is always there for me when I need her and is always willing to listen to me whether it's just bitching about something or giving me great advice, she's always there and I love her for that.


I think I did a good job today "living strong". I enjoyed myself and shared my day with two very important people in my life.


Isn't that what life is all about?...

No comments: