Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mirror Mirror on the wall....



Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Current mood: confused

Mirror, Mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all....

My question is Mirror, Mirror on the wall who's that stranger staring back at me?....

If you've been in the hospital for any length of time then you can relate. I was recently in the hospital for 6 days and when I returned home I didn't recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror.

When I went into the hospital my hair was just coming back, peach fuzz shall we say and my eyebrows and eye lashes were sprouting. Now I'm not saying I have a full head of hair now, but you can definitely tell the outline of my hair and the color is coming back. WOW, in only 6 days!

But what about my face, it looks so pale, never mind skinny. Sure I dropped about 15 lbs, but WOW look at this face! Are those really eyebrows?

Who exactly is this person?.....

Of course I have to walk around all hunched over do to my surgery so that image doesn't help. I hope this isn't any indication of what I'm going to look like when I'm 80....ha ha!

It's funny cause I'm not sure why this is so shocking to me. I mean yeah, I was in the hospital and believe it or not the world goes on. Sometimes it feels like it goes on without me.

I mean did I expect my hair and eyebrows to not grow because I was in the hospital?

It's kinda the same way I felt when my Mom died. My world was crashing all around me and it felt like time had stood still, but really the world was still going on, just without me.

I guess that's the way I feel now, here I am recovering from my surgery and trying really hard to deal with all my cancer crapness, but the world outside continues and I feel like it's continuing without me.....

No comments: